Catering Assistant Aged Care - Port Adelaide
- Work for a market leader with a talented & friendly team.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
- Casual position available.
Cater Care Australia seeks to appoint an engaging hospitality professional to a casual Catering Assistant role to work across our aged care residences in Port Adelaide, SA.
What this role involves:
- Assisting with basic, general food preparation
- Customer service - serving our residents meals and snacks
- Re-stocking as required, and after meal periods
- Dishwashing and cleaning of the kitchen, equipment & dining areas
- Maintaining legislated food hygiene and safety practices
- Fast, effective service throughout busy periods - with a smile
- Assisting the broader team as required
What we require from you:
- Previous experience assisting in all aspects of kitchen operations, food preparation and service provision in an aged care or similar catering environment
- Ability to work well with other team members
- A commitment to genuine, friendly customer service
- A motivated, enthusiastic and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to work long hours often undertaking repetitive tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment
- Pride in personal appearance & hygiene
Why work for us:
We have a unique culture that can only be attributed to the people that work for us. To assist you in deciding whether you would like to work for us, please head over to our website to view our EVP, Values, The Cater Care Way and Employee Benefits.
Cater Care values Workplace Diversity, and we recognise that we are strengthened by it. We invite all to apply to our roles, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands people to consider a career with us.
Please click “Apply for this job”. If your work history aligns with the key selection criteria for the role, one of our recruitment coordinators will be in touch. Please, no agencies.
Please note: All successful candidates will be required to satisfy one or more of the following; a national criminal history check, a thorough pre-employment / coal board medical and/or have or obtain a Standard 11, S123 or G2 certification.